EVER WONDER HOW AN AXIS FLIGHT SIMULATOR GETS BUILT?
With skill and attention to detail, that’s how! We put our all into it, and the results speak for themselves. Take a look at the different things we do in the various departments, and see where you fit in.
GO PLACES WITH US
Are you looking for someplace cool to work? No, seriously? Then take a look at us.
We’re well established but haven’t been around forever, so you’ll be joining a team that’s young and flexible. We develop and build advanced, high-precision flight simulators that are used worldwide, in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and the occasional island realm. We’re looking for people who are focused, enthusiastic, like to travel, enjoy digging into complex matters, and are inventive. Oh, and, teamwork is a big thing here.
What do we provide? Commensurate salary, great benefits, an enjoyable working environment, interesting international focus, and lots of chances to stretch out and show what you can do in an industry that is quite literally going places.
YOU’LL LIKE IT HERE!
We want you to stay healthy and enjoy what you do, so at our Austrian HQ we have some goodies and freebies you might like. Free tea and coffee, free fruit, and a € 2.00 / day lunch subsidy. (Not content with that, we also have a staffer cook for everyone once a month. Yum!) We’re a fun-loving bunch and do seasonal team events, and we raise a glass to celebrate each successful project conclusion.
Of course you can also work in your home office 1-2 days a week if you like. When you come in to the office there’s free parking. Public transportation? Lots of it to and from nearby Graz, which by the way is a really great place to live.
THE FUTURE MAKERS
WHAT WE DO WHERE
Ever wonder how an AXIS flight simulator gets built? With skill and attention to detail, that’s how! We put our all into it, and the results speak for themselves.
Take a look at the different things we do in the various departments, and see where you fit in.
- Modelling and representation of physical aircraft systems, such as electrics, hydraulics and navigation systems
- Flight campaign tests to gather data for modelling, including sensor selection, test manoeuvre and procedure definition
- Engine, aerodynamics, flight control and ground reaction modelling
- Coordinating with pilots, maintenance providers and other vendors
- Assistance in the final acceptance process with customers, pilots and regulatory agencies
- Financial reporting to management
- Bookkeeping, balancing and cost accounting
- Monthly and annual reports
- Assistance with the annual audit
- Controlling of all incoming and outgoing monies
- Development and construction of mechanical, electrical and electronic simulator components
- Overall system concept development (design, safety, integration in customer facilities)
- Design and development of generic simulator groups (baseframe, outer shell, cabin interiors)
- Development of cockpit replicas (integration of original cockpit components)
- Development of instrument replicas (integration and conversion of original aircraft instruments, construction of fully functional and precise reproductions)
- Cockpit measurements (laser scans, examination of original instrumentation)
- Product documentation
- SPS programming
- System commissioning tests
- System installation at the customer site
- Customer Support assistance (2nd level support)
- General administration (post, e-mail correspondence, office supply ordering, etc.)
- Telephone exchange
- Assisting the COO
- Booking travel
- Company car administration
- Company phone administration
- Company credit card administration
- Assisting visitors (customers, vendors, partners)
- Responsible for central document administration
- Support and preparation for FICO (e.g. invoice capture, cash book, expense settlement, etc.)
- Supporting services for HR (e.g. organizing events, entering absences, etc.)
- Building maintenance
- Staff well-being in the form of coffee, milk, fruit etc.
- Maintenance and further refinement of the simulation framework, DevOps etc.
- Selection and configuration of simulator IT components
- Development of interfaces to OEM avionics systems
- Simulation of OEM avionics components
- Maintenance and further refinement of panel microcontroller firmware
- Design and simulation of the audio/sound system
- Maintenance and further refinement of the instructor station
- Development of interfaces to visual systems
- Central contact for external and internal partners around the implementation of customer requirements, from contract closing to successful release and qualification
- Clearly defining and assigning responsibilities for project segments, and monitoring target achievement
- Making sure that the overriding targets and milestones are known
- Ensuring clear internal communication
- Identifying risks, and reacting early and appropriately
- Planning and clarifying customer requirements
- Coordination and logistics
- Preparing acceptance and performance documentation
- Assembly of entire flight simulators, including in-house fabrication of most parts
- Machining and coating parts
- Instrument panel building to exacting detail
- Primary contact for the customer once a project has been completed
- Handling of warranty cases, and coordinating and keeping track of open issues
- Making proposals and coordinating the execution when customers want changes or need additional services
- Where we can, we deal with issues directly without calling in other departments; otherwise we coordinate everything until the matter has been resolved
- On-site maintenance planning and coordination with all involved so that visits go smoothly
- Training and on-site customer assistance of every kind
Point and click, right? Well, no, not really.
A professional-level photoshoot is more involved than that, but the results are worth it. See what goes into getting great product shots.